cups-pdf won't work, please help

frank_peng_01 at yahoo.com frank_peng_01 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 05:09:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have installed Samba 3.0.7 and CUPS 1.1.21 and cups-pdf 1.6.4. When I make a test page or print anything from my Windows NT, cups-pdf won't create anything.

I have checked the /var/spool/cups, the file from the Windows NT is spooled there.

I checked the cups-pdf_log, it says "identification string sent".

I checked /var/spool/cups-pdf, there is a SPOOL, nothing in it. I used old version of CUPS, they created /ANOMYMOUS, /SPOOL and /root directories there but no pdf file in it.

I checked the cups-pdf.c file, it tells us that when cups-pdf got only one parameter, it will return 0 and log as "identification string sent".

Please help me why CUPS cannot call cups-pdf correctly and gives it only one parameter?

I checked my /etc/cups/printers.conf, the URL is cups-pdf:/

I tried change to $HOME in cups-pdf.h, it did not work either.

The other programs in backend directory are working. I can print out from Windows NT to Win2K via Samba and LPD.

I used cups 631 interface and added the virtual printer, I chose RAW printer and RAW QUE

Thanks a lot!

Frank Peng