Problem with LogLevel and messages in error_log

Laurent blin at enssat.fr
Wed Oct 13 08:25:06 PDT 2004

Greetings!

I'm developping a specific filter for my working place
(CUPS 1.1.21rc1, Dec Tru64).

I'm having problems with the messages I'm writing to stderr
for them to appear in the error_log file, and the tuning of LogLevel
in the configuration file.

I've checked that all these messages begin with one of the given prefixes
like "DEBUG:", "ERROR:", "INFO:", etc.

With LogLevel set to 'debug2', I can see all I'm writing in the logs,
and the letter beginning each line (d, D, I, E, etc.) corresponds
to the prefix I'm putting in my messages.

Once I change LogLevel, I don't get all the messages I should
according to the LogLevel policy.

If I set it to 'debug', I get some of my debug messages, but not all
of them, and no info or error messages.

If I set it to 'info', I get nothing of my messages.

It seems to work fine for CUPS original messages.

Anybody gets any hint?

--
Laurent