Unable tp print to lp0 on fc1 from windows

Paul Williamson paulcwilliamson at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 07:24:20 PDT 2004

I have cups installed, and working properly for a jet direct attached hplp5 from both the fc1 machine and the windows xp pro machine.  I have an hp cp1700, locally attached to lp0 of the fc1 machine that is working fine from there.  I am unable to attach to it from the win machine.  I have followed just about every hint I can find on the net, but it still is not working at all.  I also run samba and the printers are all shared from there as well.  I don't want to go out and buy another jet direct print server unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks,
Paul