default JobHistory

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Tue Oct 19 19:51:15 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> angelb at bugarin.us wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have two CUPS server running concurrently to provide redundancy.
> >
> > While this is a great way to provide non-interruptible service, an
> > issue has arised when we try to figure out if a particular print job
> > was serviced or not.
> >
> > Since any client can send request to anyone server, is there anyway I
> > can hard-code or configure a client so that its job history is always
> > recorded only on one specific server?
>
> The job history will always be on the client.  In the future we may
> be able to provide tools to show a fusion of all job history on
> multiple servers, complete with the original client and client job
> ID, however at present you have to look at individual systems.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

I appreciate your reply. That's all I needed to know.

The tools you mentioned will be great and usefull tool to have.

We assume that administrators will do all the CUPS administration task but if CUPS is coupled with additional tools, printing responsibilities to some extent can be delegated to HelpDesks.

Because of this issue alone, I'm restricted as requested by Team Leaders from other groups, not to have multiple CUPS servers running simultaneously. I hope these new tools will be forthcoming... :)

Thanks again!
angel