[cups.general] vnd.cups-raster

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Oct 28 05:36:03 PDT 2004

David Harel wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> When I define a new printer (using kprinter wizard) and select the
> printer module I get an error message:
> kprinter: WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found
> for text/plain
>
> Looking in the definition file resulted:
> /usr/share/cups/model/stcolor.ppd  I found a reference to:
> *cupsFilter:    "application/vnd.cups-raster 0 rastertoepson"
>
> Using the find command I could not find the name vnd.cups-raster anywhere.
> Is it a file? an executable even? where should it reside? where can I
> get it from?
> If it is not a file, then what is it. As it seems with strace the
> warning message is right after the read operation of the file
> /usr/share/cups/model/stcolor.ppd then what is this thing then?

That message has nothing to do with CUPS. It is a feature of kprinter to
support
what spoolers like LPRng address as "prefilters", i.e. filter programs
that
manipulate the data to be printed *before* they are handed over to the
spooler.

Use kprinter's konfiguration wizard to define a prefilter for text/plain
of your
choice or tell kprinter not to use one.

Helge

--