%%IncludeFeature

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Oct 3 18:37:33 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> Michael Sweet wrote:
>

>> sides=two-sided-long-edge handles PPD files that use older vendor
>> keywords like EFDuplex, etc.
>

> How does CUPS know how to do that?  Some sort of meta-PPD mapping
> that takes CUPS keywords to the vendor-mangled ones?

The cupsMarkOptions() function maps standard IPP attributes to
standard PPD keywords.  The mapping is hard-coded in this function,
and there is no simple way to expose it to other apps.

> ... The same mechanism would seem to be usable to take PPD-standard
> keywords to vendor-mangled ones, so CUPS could handle
> %%IncludeFeature: *Duplex DuplexNoTumble and treat it as if it were
> %%IncludeFeature: *EFDuplex Whatever.  That would be CUPS adding
> value and sanity to the existing state of PPD document management
> support, rather than contributing yet another set of different
> keywords specific to CUPS.

It is conceivable that we could do this, however keep in mind that
there is not always a one-to-one mapping for PPD keywords.