%%IncludeFeature

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sat Oct 2 08:13:27 PDT 2004

Hi,

Before deciding if I want to set up CUPS, I have a question I've been trying to answer by looking at the docs but I haven't stumbled on the answer.

CUPS obviously knows how to interpret PPD files, determine the available printer features, recognize those features by name as command options, and emit the corresponding code defined in the PPD.  That's exactly the infrastructure that would be needed to support %%IncludeFeature in a
postscript input file--but I haven't found anything in a CUPS document that actually says CUPS can do that.

What I expect, of course, is that I can EITHER:

  lpr -o sides=two-sided-long-edge  anyfile.ps

OR

  lpr  explicitfile.ps

where explicitfile.ps contains %%IncludeFeature *Duplex DuplexNoTumble

and CUPS will do the Right Thing in both cases.  Am I right?

Regards,
Chapman Flack