[cups.general] GPL GhostScript 8.15

mrdocsmrdocs at gmail.com mrdocsmrdocs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:45:14 PDT 2004

> I'll try and ask them if they can muster some man power too
> to bring this about...
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

Yeah, we (Scribus Team) are refactoring for 1.3 and all have a very full plate,including moving to a different country ;) but off the top of my head,  a short list of things we can do:

1) Solicit our mailing list for coders who might be interested, along with a couple of other relevant projects (Inkscape, GIMP to name two).

2) Certainly provide a group of testers who are not afraid of using a CVS version. (I've written a mostly complete version for installing 8.15 parallel to distro shipped ESP GS)

3) I'll prod a couple of the distro maintainers who I have been personally nagging for the past few months. If they are aware of this effort, they can help with ensuring their own patch sets work.

4) Do a write up and push it to graphics oriented sites, not just English ones linuxgraphics.fr for example.

I think if someone could get a basic 8.15 build started with the 8.11 patch added, we could then push the various distros to start the work of merging their patch sets. I think it would help them a lot to have the autotools stuff intergrated.

Just my 0.02, but as we have been the loudest complainers :), we should do what we can on our end.

I am curious to hear others thoughts.

Cheers,
Peter