Increasing the timeout

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Wed Oct 27 05:40:48 PDT 2004

addi at bhs.is wrote:

> Maybe I'm way off base...
>
> I'm trying to solve a problem with Mac OS X Server Print Server. If a printer jams or has some other type of problem the print queue is stopped requiring a manual [Re]Start.
>
> Is there a way to increase the time before cupsd stops the queue?

Maybe CUPS 1.2 will provide this feature. Currently, the only method I
can think of
is to write simple wrapper scripts around the backends you use that call
the original
backends and evaluate their exit codes. If that is not 0, the wrapper
may
decide what to do next on some more or less heuristic rules (stop the
printer by itself exiting with a code > 0, filing an e-mail to the
system admin
or the like).

Helge

--