[cups.general] How to restrict the print access ?

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com
Tue Oct 12 01:27:29 PDT 2004

Hi !!!

I am no expert at this... but I was wondering if it would work if you used
the "BrowseDeny" "BrowseAllow" and "BrowseOrder" parameters of the
cupsd.conf file.

The problem with AuthType is that it is w.r.t to the http requests to the
"jobs" and "printers" directory of the web admin only. This would allow
printing to continue but will not allow browsing the pages
"http://<ipaddress>:<portno>/jobs" and
"http://<ipaddress>:<portno>/printers".

Hope this helps...

Regards,