CUPS NOT WORKING

David anonymous at easysw.com
Sat Oct 30 04:43:14 PDT 2004

paavan23 wrote:
> but i the printer doesn't print anything.
> there can be some problem regarding talking to the print server.
> please tell me whether there are any setting missing or not.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> regards,
> pavan.

Get the simple things sorted first. Get CUPS up and running with default settings, then add your printer and print a test page.

Then, see if you can connect to it using any computer on the network and print to it.

After that lock down your IP addresses to particular networks etc.

Remember, get the thing printing first, then print from the network and then lock things down. Eliminate the stupid possibilities first as from your description it could be anything.

Cheers,

David