Compile errors in hpux

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Oct 29 06:59:04 PDT 2004

I try to compile (make) in HP-UX 11.11 and it fails with the following messages

------------
Compiling auth.c...
In file included from auth.c:61:
/usr/include/shadow.h:42: error: conflicting types for 'getspnam'
/usr/include/prot.h:650: error: previous declaration of 'getspnam' was here
/usr/include/shadow.h:42: error: conflicting types for 'getspnam'
/usr/include/prot.h:650: error: previous declaration of 'getspnam' was here
auth.c: In function `IsAuthorized':
auth.c:1017: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

I have the gcc 3.4.2 with all dependencies installed - bison, flex, gettext, libiconv, m4.

I appreciate anyone's help to resolve this issue.

Thanks