Windows Clients cannot delete their jobs from queue

cups_fw_nospam at security-site.de cups_fw_nospam at security-site.de
Wed Oct 20 06:05:11 PDT 2004

Hi,

we want to use CUPS as print server for a large number of Windows PCs. There is a user with the same name and no password on most PCs, but no domain structure. Support for Windows XP would be sufficient.

I set up the CUPS printer with http://cups-server:631/printers/name. The clients can print ok, but can't cancel their own jobs (by double-clicking on the printer, highlighting the job, del), access is denied.

The cupsd.conf has no entries in the Locations printers or for this specific printer neither for jobs. The admin location is restricted, but this should keep users from canceling their own jobs.

I can't even cancel the jobs in the admin interface, I get the result "client-error-forbidden".

OS: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.1
CUPS: cups-1.1.20-108.3

M. Kurz