Samba+Cups - no entries in page_log

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Oct 15 08:44:42 PDT 2004

Karsten Dello wrote:
> good evening,
>
> if i print to our cups-server from a winxp-machine via the samba-server on the same machine  the job is done well.
> i can also see the corresponding entry in http://...:631/jobs?which_jobs=completed
>
> but no entry is made into /var/log/cups/page_log,
> which i need for some kind of "basic" accounting.
>
> on the client-side we use
> the cups-printer-driver (rc3),
> on the server-side we use cups 1.1.20 and samba 3.0.7.
>
> any help would be appreciated,
>
> karsten dello

I'm also experiencing something like this, although some jobs do report in the page_log.  My setup is cups 1.1.21, samba 3.0.7, but I have two "backend" cups servers that are loadbalanced/failsafe and a seperate server runs cups and samba. On the samba box, the page_log contains entries for the jobs that don't show up int he page_logs on the backend servers, but they show up as "total 0" lines. This seems to have been going on since 1.1.20 or so.  I can't find a pattern to which jobs are getting page_log entries and which aren't.