espgs 7.07.1 build bug?

Griff Miller griff.miller at positron.com
Thu Oct 14 14:29:10 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> nickelj at post.ch wrote:
>
>> Heya,
>>
>> i try to build it on a Solaris 9 configure runs fine with
>>
>> /configure --prefix=/usr/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local --enable-cups
>> --with-drivers=ALL --without-omni --without-tiff
>>
>> and make abort as followed.
>
>  > ...
>
> You need to make sure that the path to the libtiff that CUPS used
> comes before the /usr/openwin/lib directory, which contains another,
> incompatible TIFF library from Sun.

I have found it necessary to change the configure script like this
to get the libtiff in /usr/local/lib to be used instead of the
Sun-supplied libtiff:

% diff configure.sav configure
5820d5819
<               LDFLAGS="-L$x_libraries $LDFLAGS"
5823c5822,5826
<                       XLDFLAGS="$XLDFLAGS -R$x_libraries"
---
 >                       case `uname -r` in
 >                               5*)
 >                                       XLDFLAGS="$XLDFLAGS -R$x_libraries"
 >                                       ;;
 >                       esac
5824a5828
 >               LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $XLDFLAGS"

It would be good if this change could be put into the espgs distribution. It
would really help Solaris users.

Another thing I find curious is that the "make install" of espgs needs
cups-config in the PATH. So you have cups requiring espgs which requires
cups.   :)

Griff