Incorrect HTTP versioning system

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Oct 22 20:58:21 PDT 2004

Karlan Mitchell wrote:
> Send a request of "GET / HTTP/1.X", when X is a number less than 100,
> "HTTP/1.X 202 OK" is returned, when greater "will return a "HTTP/2.0
> 202 OK"  is returned. Is this a bug?

It is a side-effect of the implementation; strictly speaking, there
isn't a version of HTTP after 1.1, so any app that uses HTTP/1.101
(for example) is sending an invalid request.  In any case, you can't
exploit this...

Feel free to submit a STR for this and we'll change how the version
number is parsed in CUPS 1.2.

http://www.cups.org/str.php