PPDs, IPP requests and user defined values

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Oct 20 10:38:24 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> Are there any plans for CUPS to allow such option values (and, if
> yes, how)?

There are plans, and currently it would look something like the
following:

     *CustomMediaType True: "some ps commands"
     *ParamCustomMediaType Name: 1 string

(all that from memory, but that is the jist of it; I'm in the process
of doing a CUPS PPD spec that combines all of the PPD stuff into one
document...  Also, we may support the Apple MacOS 9 PPD attributes as
well)