[cups.development] Re: Simple accounting filter/backend (With Perl or another script language)

Nayco nayco at spam.me
Tue Oct 26 16:16:40 PDT 2004

Jerome Alet wrote:

>         "%%BeginNonPPDFeature: NumCopies "
>         "1 dict dup /NumCopies "
>
> the lines in the PS document which contain the above code snippet
> (depending on driver and/or application) set the number of copies,
> you have to analyze the line to extract it, and then multiply by the
> number of pages returned by the "bbox" method.

> any comment ?

Errr... Yes ;-) !

By "NumCopies", your not talking about "number of pages", but "number of times I want these pages printed in a this single jobs", right ?
So, you mean in some (Oddly formed ?) postscript documents, "bbox" nor "%%Pages:" are used to specify the number of pages, but instead "Number of copies" ? I find this strange, but I trust you, I see everyday bad html pages (;-)), so there must be bad postscript as well...

Or maybe I understand nothing to PS :D !

So, "%%Pages:" is _not_ the good way (Never ?) ? I mean, wasn't this tag designed for this very purpose: Count pages ?