Simple accounting filter/backend (With Perl or another script language)

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Oct 26 10:11:01 PDT 2004

alex wrote:
> I'll take it this is the filter. Could you please explain exactly how to install a filter so that it works for all printers on the system without interfering too much with the configuration files.

Well, youre lucky (Well, maybe not ;D ), i've just got time to try to finish this backend. In fact, I just started today...
So, i've got a first working version of the script ! Well, working, nearly: The page counting routine I use does not work. It always spits "1" ;).
However, every print job gets accounted in the database. The next stages are:
- Write some php code to generate reports on a web page
- Ask some gurus to clean the perl code, as i'm a newbie in that language
- Ask some Cups and Postscript gurus to review the code, as i'm a newbie using cups and I still cant manage to count pages :D !!!
- Stressload my Cups test server to see if the script doesn't induce load issues
-...pffff.

Ok, so, i gonna put up a web page with the script and an installation procedure, but this is trully crapware, I warned tou ;).

By the way, I need help, as I just mentionned, so If you feel like helping me....

I'm trying set up my wiki at http://nayo.free.fr , so I'll post the script there as soon as I can. I could post it here, but it may be too long (252 lines)...