[cups.development] Authentication

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Oct 18 05:37:43 PDT 2004

Chaps,

We have a photocopier here that we're hoping to be able to drive with
CUPS (it's a Canon iR5020 apparently).  We have a PPD file for it, but
CUPS doesn't seem to allow us to set the user credentials required to
gain access to the photocopier.

I've been roped in as a developer as I've written simple CUPS drivers
for line printers before.  I'd rather not re-invent the wheel so my
question is, does CUPS support passing a username and password to the
printer (as the PPD specified) or must I write some custom driver that does?

--
Geoff Teale
Software Engineer
gteale at cmedltd.com