printing test page produces black page

Simon Cooper thecoop at runbox.com
Wed Sep 29 07:31:36 PDT 2004

I had a file/print server using cups set up fine that was printing perfectly to my bjc250. Now I'm going off to uni, so I just changed the output on my laptop from ipp to parallel and connected the printer direclty to my laptop. However, now whenever I try to print something it just prints a black page. I even copied /etc/cups/ from the fileserver to the laptop with no luck, in case it was a config problem. I tried changing the parallel mode from epp/ecp to normal with no effect. Any ideas?