[cups.general] Updated gimp-print/cups tarball install to rpm install

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 4 18:57:01 PDT 2004

Trying to make yum happy so it would resume nightly updates injstead
of barfing over a samba it cannot update.

I installed *3.4.1-10-i386.rpm, dbus*.i386.rpm,
cups*-1.1.21rc2-i386.rpm, and gimp-print*-4.2.7*

I had to use the --nodeps to put the compiler in as it seemed nearly
everything on the system still needed libstdc++.so.5.  Now its gone
but of the dozen or so dependencies listed, they all work just fine,
like mozilla-1.7.2.

But, now I cannot print at all.

Chooseing the gimp-print-5.0.0 version of the driver and doing a test
page is toally ignored, and reseting it for a gimp-print-4.2.7 driver
only gets me a "no pages found" message in the browser setup.

Whats next?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)