corrupted printing under Novell Suse Enterptise Linux 9.0

bguenthe at freenet.de bguenthe at freenet.de
Sun Sep 26 04:47:52 PDT 2004

In my company I’m using several Linux-Boxes as distributed print servers for our application. On some of them I use Suse Linux Professional 8.2 (with CUPS 1.18) others have Suse Linux Enterprise 8.0 (with CUPS 1.15). I use a commercial java based print tool. This tool generates PDF-Files that we print them with the UNIX lp command.

Currently I have a new server with Novell Suse Enterprise 9.0 (with CUPS 1.20). And currently I have a problem. All print output from this print-server is cut at the the right border and I have no explanation for it. I have printed the same document with our application to the same printer with the same printer driver on 8.x and 9.0. On 8.x anything is all right, on 9.0 the outcut is cut. It seem for me that the putput on 9.0 is bad scaled. But why?

If I open the document under 9.0 with the acrobat reader and print it out (direct or via lp) the document looks fine.

Does anybody has an idea? Are there probably some command line parameter to force the output to be fit to one A4 (this is the Geman Letter-Format) sheet?

regards

Bernd