[cups.general] update to cups 1.1.21: /usr/lib/i686 no such file or directory

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Mon Sep 20 13:52:21 PDT 2004

Klaus Singvogel schrieb:
> ekkard gerlach wrote:

> Maybe you didn't install package ghostscripti-library or overwrite
> the SUSE version of ghostscript: /usr/bin/gs

gerlach at rex2:~>rpm -qa | grep ghost
ghostscript-fonts-other-7.05.6-23
ghostscript-fonts-std-7.05.6-23
ghostscript-library-7.05.6-23
ghostscript-x11-7.05.6-23

ghostscript-library IS installed ...
How can I overwrite Suse ghostscript else?
Did you mean what you wrote?

Every two months I have some hours of trouble only because
of Suse special-packages ... that are not standards.
I have to earn money with linux on PCs of my customers.
Is Red Hat better? Hmmm ... all cracks got to Debian,
I  think thats the way ..  I'm no longer interested in a
linux distribution that appears perfectly but is updateable ...

>>It's the same state like yesterday. This evening I'll
>>install cup 1.1.21 once again. Perhaps it's running ....
>

> Good luck.
>
> Hopefully, I can make some 1.1.21 packages for older distributions.
> But I'm currently very busy at work with other things. So don't
> expect them within the next 2 weeks.
>
> If you can live with cups-1.1.21rc2 install them from there (or from

I originally wanted to install gimp-print 4.2.7 but cups don't want to
print because auf gs-error.

I just tried espgs-7.07.1  instead of Suse8.2 gs. But nothing better:
error_log:  ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
ohh ... fu....ing gs !!

> any of our mirrors):
> 	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/kssingvo/unsupported/CUPS/CUPS/8.2/
I tried it. But gs error when printing to Epson64C rests. I deleted
all again and install Suse8.2 stuff. Perhaps you can tell me how to get
a normal running gs.

thx
Ekkard