[cups.general] CUPS problem CANON GP225 PCL

Lucky Luke LuckyL at easy.com
Mon Sep 13 15:30:47 PDT 2004

Hello,

i'm trying to print to a Canon GP225 with CUPS
(the printer is connected to a switch and in
general it works fine with my windows computer).

I (believe I) configured it as a PCL Printer

Printer State: idle, accepting jobs.
"Data file sent successfully"
Device URI: lpd://192.168.0.101:515/

but it just prints out cryptic stuff.

Does anyone here had success with this printer?

the printout looks like that:
<snippet>
%%Move: /scsi0/tmp/lpd.17/dfA905debian
%%NumCopies: 1
%%!PS-Adobe-2.0
%%Title: Test Page
%%For: root
%%EndComments
</snippet>

Any help would be appriciated.
Regards,
Lucky

ps. installed packages are:

debian:/var/log/cups# dpkg -l | grep cups

ii  cupsomatic-ppd 20040506-1
linuxprinting.org printer support - transiti
ii  cupsys         1.1.20final+rc Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.20final+rc Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - BSD comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.20final+rc Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - client pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.7-2        Gimp-Print
printer drivers for CUPS
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.7-2        Gimp-Print
printer drivers for CUPS
ii  gnome-cups-man 0.18-2         CUPS printer
admin tool for GNOME
ii  libcupsimage2  1.1.20final+rc Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - image libs
ii  libcupsys2-gnu 1.1.20final+rc Common UNIX
Printing System(tm) - libs
ii  libgnomecups1. 0.1.11-1       GNOME library
for CUPS interaction
ii  libgnomecupsui 0.18-2         UI extensions to
libgnomecups

debian:/var/log/cups# dpkg -l | grep foom
ii  foomatic-db    20040705-1
linuxprinting.org printer support - database
ii  foomatic-db-en 3.0.1-20040506
linuxprinting.org printer support - programs
ii  foomatic-db-hp 1.5-20040621-1
linuxprinting.org printer support - database
ii  foomatic-filte 3.0.1-20040621
linuxprinting.org printer support - filters
ii  foomatic-filte 20040506-1
linuxprinting.org printer support - prebuilt

This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only.  Not all subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.