[cups.general] How to send jobs to a SCSI printer with cups?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:56:37 PDT 2004

[Sorry, but I don't have a news server with the cups newsgroup]

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>> Now, it looks like I'm getting a SCSI error when I try sending a job.
>> I've been able to send jobs to non-scsi postscript hp lj8000 via
>> jetdirect from this system in raw and foomatic configurations, so my
>> base setup is working to some degree.
>

> SCSI errors normally show up as kernel messages, so you can use
> the dmesg command to see the last bunch of errors...

Yes, but cups scsi backend is using sg which iirc sends raw scsi
commands over the bus.

What configurations are known to work with the scsi backend?

What can I do to find what commands are having trouble with the scsi
printer?

Maybe trace the scsi bus?

Any debug options?