[cups.general] dotmatrix printing

Jeremiah Elliott geek00 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 09:13:32 PDT 2004

I have several dot matrix printers that I had been printing to as a
raw printer. I had been using unix2dos to convert the end-of-lines.
i.e.
unix2dos|lpr -P<printer> <file>
After upgrading to cups-1.1.17-13.3.12 from readhat this no longer
works. I have to <ctl><c> after trying it. strace output didnt' help
me any.

The epson 9 pin driver works, but I had been using raw printing
because the epson driver is a lot slower and the fonts dont' look as
clean.

My question is, am I better off just joing with the epson driver, or
are there other options other than unix2dos?
-Jeremiah