[cups.general] debian with lexmark printer

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Sep 2 03:00:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:36:56AM +0000, Anonymous wrote:
> I have a Lexmark Z600 series printer.  I just installed Sarge's version of CUPS and I don't see anything that matches my printer (I chose a Lexmark random Z, and I can see the printer, but nothing will print to it).  How can I make this work?

Many Lexmarks are "WinPrinters". If the Z600 is one of these then, in
the absence of a driver appearing, your only way to print from it in
Linux may be to install it on a Windows system and use software there to
allow you to send PostScript to it.

www.linuxprinting.org says:

"There are few good free software drivers for ... Lexmark inkjets. Do not
buy one and expect success."

Things may get better with time.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95