[cups.general] PAM authentication problem

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun Sep 12 01:02:47 PDT 2004

Hello Paulo,

check if cupsd is running as root or as another user (lp).
If swcurity is not what you really need, you can change the
option RunAsUser from Yes to No:
RunAsUser No
After this, cups is running under root.This worked with my installation
(SuSE 9.0).
You can also try to let cupsd run under lp, but add User-passwords with lppasswd and with looking at the file/folder permissions for the cups-Folders (which i didn't try).

Greetings

Martin