printing as raw or cups

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun Sep 19 04:07:21 PDT 2004

 Hi all!

 I was using cups for a while, with a lasertjet 6p. It´s working and shared via samba to my home network.

 With the raw driver, using the one from windos xp, I can print everything, but the speed is veeeery slow. Like 1 page per minute. When I trace the problem, i see a parallel process running for a lot of time for a single pdf page.

 So, i decided to install the native cups driver, and use gs to speedup the process. Everything is okey and very fast for a pdf, but after the first page, gs exists with an undefined error... And it happens with all the docuements I sent to the printer.

 I traced almost everything, but I believe that I miss something. Can anyone help me, please?

 Thank you very much.