interleaving pages of jobs

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri Sep 24 10:32:00 PDT 2004

John Beamon wrote:

> Please help me understand.  What does the updated pstops utility have to
> do with me printing multi-page TIFF files?  My CUPS package provided my
> pstops binary, and I've been unable to build the updated pstops on the
> website.  What change could I expect in my own problem situation with an
> updated pstops?

Well you complained in your original post that the banner pages and the
bodies
of your print jobs get intermixed with print jobs originating from a
different
source.
The reason is, that CUPS 1.1.x creates banner pages as separate files.
Thus, your CUPS jobs consist of at least 3 different files, but from
the printer's point of view, that is 3 different print jobs.

The modified "alternate pstops filter" permits creating banner pages as
part of the print job file, thus you then have one job (as seen from
CUPS)
and one job (as seen from the printer).

Any questions?

Helge