Printing from Web-Application

Christof christof at nicht-ich.de
Wed Sep 8 01:25:33 PDT 2004

Unfortunatly it's not that simple, because the clients may not have a hostname besides the one they get automatically by dialing, like
lpz45132.t-dsl.t-online.de, so the host name is not known in advance either.

It's like, people say "I want to use your application" and I say "Here's your username and password, and you have to tell me what printer you have and do this and that to configure your computer properly".

While "this and that" might involve setting up an IPP-compatible printserver it is surely not acceptable that people have to register a domain.

       Christof