CUPS in Linux/Windows Environment

joey jseisma at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 23:33:51 PDT 2004

Hi!

I installed CUPS bundled with my mdk10 distro.

Please someone enlighten me about the following:

1. Clients send print requests to the CUPS server, the print queues and spooling occurs on the CUPS server right?

2. Do I need to specify all my printers in the CUPS server? Consequently install the associated drivers? What's their left to install in Linux clients?

3. Can I have Windows clients printing to a device directly connected to a Linux terminal (which is a CUPS "client" by itself)? With this setup, would I need more components (like SAMBA perhaps).

Thanks!

Joey