[cups.general] Big problem with printserver !!

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Wed Sep 8 01:54:28 PDT 2004

Hi,

we are running a cups 1.1.20 printserver for nearlly two years
without big problems.
All unix users are printing directly, the windows users use
samba on top of the system to access the printers.

In the last weeks many print jobs failed to print. Many
copies of the printjob are locate under /var/spool/cups/tmp
and have to be deletet manualy !

All printer (HP8000,HP4500C,Konica K7022,K7155) start to print
a few pages and then produce a error message and start again
with the first page.

Has anybody an idea what's going on here ?

I can reproduce the problem with a pdf from linux.

I also testet my local machine as printserver and also
a third machine - all the same.

Please help !

Bye, Peer

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7864