cups windows driver causing protection fault

Steve Palmer anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Sep 27 06:05:17 PDT 2004

This is very good to know. I am having trouble with installing a number of brother windows PCL drivers on there like the hl2460 for instance. On the other hand the one for the 1870n installs just fine. Weirdness...

I have tried Brothers own postscript drivers, but you end up with postscript on the CUPS side too and the printer splits out unprocessed postscript. Setting the CUPS filters to raw & using the windows postscript drivers works fine, cept i lose control over the number of print jobs in the system (i'm developing the box to reduce waste you see).

Looking forward to hearing some news!