[cups.general] allow users to cancel other users jobs

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at home.se
Sun Sep 19 02:58:18 PDT 2004

Nice, I didn't know of this! Thanks!

> Unnecessary; do the following steps:
>
>      1. Create a group called "jobadmin" and list all users
>         that should be given these privileges.

I guess this means adjusting /etc/group on the client machines.

I could do that on all machines administered by me. But some of the
client machines are private laptops running MacOS and Linux. They
are temporarily connected to the internal network.

Your solution takes me more than half the way to where I want. But I
still think a solution where a the authorization is based solely on the
ip address would be the best way to go.

Adam Kessel seems to have managed to get his patch for this included in
cups shipped with Debian Linux:

I downloaded the source code for cups 1.1.21 from www.cups.org. But the
patch has not been included there yet.

cheers,