canon i560-driver?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Sep 15 02:28:02 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> ekkard gerlach wrote:
> > will wrote:
> > > im running an updated version of FC2tc3 and i have a canon i560 usb printer. does anyone know what driver i should be using? I also notice that u can add a driver to the cups directory now..is there one out there for the i560? please let me know TIA
> > driver S800 is running for i550.  See google.
> >
> > Ekkard
>
> I've tried for S800 driver in CUPS and it works with Canon i560x, like Ekkard note. Well.
> But... I've found in a chinese site a 'bjfilterpixus560i-2.4-0.i386.rpm'; installed, I don't find the i560 in the driver list on CUPS.
> Someone can help me?
>
> Luigi
Umm... I've tried theses rpms from the same chinese site i guess... And they works pretty well (I've just a problem... but we'll see further ;))
If u installed the rpms well, u'll find 3 new lines with the "canon pixus 560i" driver included (the two others are 860i and 990i). These 3 lines are just after the BJC 8200 driver.

Also u can use the CANON BJC 8200 driver, it does the job (don't forget to  configure the printer with a higher resolution like 1200*1200 dpi and more contrast & density for a better quality).

Here my problem comes! I have a problem to print my documents from OpenOffice because the printing starts from the middle of the page, but printing PDFs works very well... any ideas ?