[cups.general] Xerox 8830 With CUPS

Guenther Frick gfrick at gmx.net
Tue Sep 21 12:09:55 PDT 2004

Jose wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing problem while configuring Xerox 8830
> Printer on CUPS.
> We are using Debian and CUPS.
>
> We would like to configure CUPS to use HPGL format
> while printing to the 8830.This is mainly for printing
> from ideas software.
>
> Now if i configure normally no print is comming but
> the printer says it is printed.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Jose

This plotter understands HPGL2 (pixel format) not HPGL (vector).
This is supported by Gimp-Print. You could contact the people at

Other possibility is to buy commercial version of CUPS from easysw.com
or a Postscript option for your plotter.

Since the plotter supports PJL it is possible to inquire the plotter`s
features.