[cups.general] allow users to cancel other users jobs

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at home.se
Fri Sep 17 23:58:47 PDT 2004

I would like to allow the users at my working place to cancel
other users print jobs. But they should not need a password for this.

A situation we want to avoid is: Just before leaving
for the weekend one user submits a print job. The print job somehow
makes the printer hang. None with root access is present. Another user
that has a very urgent print job is then blocked from using the printer.

I saw a patch that could allow me to do this...
http://bostoncoop.net/adam/cgi-bin/weblog.pl?rightframe=linux

Am I forced to patch cups for getting this functionality?

Maybe I should file a feature request bug ...

cheers,
Erik Sjölund