Multiple pages per sheet

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Sep 17 10:24:49 PDT 2004

olivier.blanc wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to setup cups to force all printing on a printer to be printer 2 pages per sheet.
> I tryed to setup lpoptions. That work properly if I am printing through lp or lpr, but it does not work if I am printing directly through an application (openOffice for example).
>
> What should I copnfigure to do so ?
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier

I have been trying to set up printing of 4 pages per sheet under Redhat Linux 9 with no success. Printing 1 page per sheet works fine.

I tried an HP 5550 thru a USB connection and ran into the media tray is empty problem. I have switched to a HP LaserJet 4M thru a parallel port with similar results.

sending psnup or mpage output directly to the /dev device hasn't worked either. I have done this successfully on earlier version of redhat.

david