[cups.general] Re: Help on using alternate pstops filter

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri Sep 3 12:12:19 PDT 2004

Robert Flemming wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:29:11PM +0200, Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Yes, this project is in the queue but had been delayed somewhat because
> > I had to get
> > CUPS to work on an old system (SunOS 4.1.1).
> > Moreover, I decided to incorporate an extension for banner pages
> > analogous to what
> > I did for page labels. Thus, I guess I'll publish a workable version
> > with these
> > enhancements around end of August / beginning of September.
>
> That's great to hear and I REALLY appreciate the reply.  The other part
> of this that is of interest to use is being able to set the page-label
> on the server side for all users and printers.  The end goal of course
> being to automatically appending a footer or background text with the
> username (and maybe other data) from the server side.  Let me know if I
> can be of any assistance to you and again thanks!
>
> Robert

I just finished modifying and testing the alternate pstops filter. It
now passes the CUPS
related environment variables (short of the directory related ones) and
the command line
options available to the filter (short of the copies parameter) to the
PostScript
job as key/value pairs in a dictionary. Thus, these values are
accessible to e.g.
page-label and watermark procedures.

In addition, a new option (banner-pages=name) is implemented wich
permits to call
specific user defined PostScript routines to print banner pages which
are compatible
with same-up and page-label attributes (the job-sheets are not).

For the details see pstops.txt in the links at the CUPS web site.

Good luck

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com