[cups.general] How to send jobs to a SCSI printer with cups?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:54:32 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>> What can I do to find what commands are having trouble with the scsi
>> printer?
>

> There is only one command we issue, the group 0 print command,
> along with the total number of bytes in the current buffer (8k in
> the current implementation).

Is that a 6 byte or 10 byte command?

Trying to find more info about the device with sg3-utils, it looks like
it doesn't like 6 byte scsi commands.

> As I said before, the only place you can find SCSI errors is in
> the kernel log, available via the dmesg command.

Sorry, that didn't quite make it into my hazy mind late last night.

I checked the dmesg output and there were no error messages (scsi or
otherwise during or after) the attempts to send the job to the printer.