managing printjobs in a Network - queueing

Michael Vogt vogo.vogt at web.de
Thu Sep 16 04:31:05 PDT 2004

hi there everyone.
I could need some help about cups configuration.
I need to establish a printserver on our school.
The plan is to get the printjobs of all students in one big spool/queue
stored.
When a studnet appears in the printer-room we want to start the jobs for
that one.

Sadly I only found informations on how to start ans stop all printjobs.

May someone give me a hint or a configuration to solve that problem?

Additionally the crew of our print-office should be able to print dircectly
without getting spooled like the students.
I guessed of installing the printer twice on cups so one printer (both are
physically identical) is udes for students and spooled to manage the
printings - the other one is for our crew and is printing what ever comes up
the line.

So what will I hvat to do?

Thanks in advance
with best regards