[cups.general] Multi-function printers and SuSE 9.1

John newsb4 at bestpond.com
Fri Sep 3 21:36:58 PDT 2004

I Have had a look at the linux printing site and am trying to establish
which multi function printers will work OK with SuSE 9.1. and Cups

It would appar that the better choice may be to go with an Epson
product, however I can't find any listed models that are actually
available for me to purchase in Australia.

It seems that the models available here are the Epson Stylus CX
3100 and CX6500, and Epson Stylus Photo RX510.  We want to
use the print/scan/copy facility with colour photo quality printing, no
need for fax capability

Has anyone used these models successfully with SuSE 9.1 and cups?

Thanks

John