Printing a document from https

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Sep 4 05:10:43 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> Hey guys, i`ve got a big problem with cups. If i print an document
> over an https connection, the cups server and the printer itself are
> crashed.
>
> The spooling job don`t reach the printer, but the printer is on state
> "printing"...
>
> All other documents are working fine, that means if i download the
> document over https to my local workstation and print it after that,
> all works fine.
>
> What is the reason for this problem?
>
> I have to switch off the printer and restart cups after that it works
> normaly fine.
>
> What have i to do, that i can print documents that i have on a https
> connection?

We'll need a *lot* more information to help you with this!

Can you answer the following questions?

1. What version of CUPS are you using?

2. Did you compile CUPS from source, or are you using a binary package?

3. What operating system(s) (and version(s)) are you using?

4. Is the connection between the client and server HTTPS, or between
    the server and printer?

5. What application (and version) are you printing from?