Printing a document from https

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Sep 6 09:09:39 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> 4. This is something that is not clear for me. I installed the
> printer on an Windows Client via Samba 3 and the workstation is
> connected to it. Then i try to print the document from the client
> (windows 2000) after i put the adress in the browser for example:
> https://www.uni-wurz.de/test.pdf
>
> 5. I try to print it from the IE Plugin for Adobe, or from Adobe
> Acrobat Reader itself. I try it under mozilla, etc....
>
> Thank you!

OK, then the real issue is not the https: stuff, but merely that you
are printing from Windows and Acrobat Reader.

More than likely you are running into an Acrobat bug; the printer
support in that application is quite non-standard and it is likely
sending its own PostScript output which is not conforming to their
own Document Structuring Conventions.

Try printing to a file (check the "print to file" button in the
print dialog) and then open a STR at:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

attaching the print file that is produced.  Also include the
version of Acrobat and IE that you are using.