[cups.ddk] PPD's ImageableArea

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Sep 12 08:24:55 PDT 2004

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 August 2004 12:24, Andrew wrote:
>

>> 1) Is it possible to have 2 ImageableAreas. For example, I'd like
>> to have a marginless Letter Paper and another with a margin.
>

> I *think* it is possible if you define 2 papers with 2 different
> names.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case since the page size name is not
available to the RIP, so it has to guess the imageable area from the
PPD file.

There is a pending STR against ESP Ghostscript for this, and we are
hoping to come up with a solution (probably to use the ImagingBBox
attribute to control which margins to use...)