CUPS Arabic

Ahmad Khalifa ahmad at khalifa.ws
Wed Sep 29 16:45:52 PDT 2004

the CUPS arabic patch is still available at arabeyes' cvs here...
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/cups/

not much work was done in the past few months because I have reached
a dead end with the font issue. the patch includes a PFA font which
contains the Arabic characters and the Presentation Form-B chars (i.e
0x0600 and 0xFE00 ranges), I check the font with pfaedit and it works
fine but prints whitespace inplace of arabic glyphs...

the patch adds Transparent char support via a modification to lchar_t

whats left is...
+ Change the coding conventions to follow CUPS'
+ Upgrade miniBidi (the Bidi library)

my problem is that the patch fails to print visible arabic chars. so
doing the above would be useless...

I need some help with the font issue, Please do look at the font and
the psglyphs file and the utf-8 file, and advise me of any necessary
changes, otherwise Im completely stuck here :(

ak.