holding jobs

p.mdriyaz at gmail.com p.mdriyaz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 23:16:06 PDT 2004

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help. I added job-hold-until to lpoptions at cups server  and it worked fine when the print command was given at the server. by default the job went to wait queue.

But when the print command was given at the client end, the job did not go into wait. so i tried adding the job-hold-until to lpoptions at the client end and everything worked as required.

But then some computers here run windows, and they are configured to access cups server. as no lpoptions exist .. how to get the jobs from the windows clients into the queue?

Even on linux clients if the user knows enough about cups he could open the lpoptions in his computer and remove the job-hold-until and get his jobs printed directly as all other jobs will be on wait.

Isnt there a option on the cups server where all jobs from clients are forced to hold???

-riyaz