Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?

Thierry Klein Thierry_Klein at compuserve.com
Mon Apr 4 07:28:38 PDT 2005

"Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?"
This is the error message I get every time I try to print.
    I have CUPS 1.15 and ESP GS 5.50.1 running on a SunBlade1500 under
Solaris 9.
    I finally found the problem, I guess. It seems that "pstoraster" is not
installed in the filter directory of cups. I found pstoraster.o in the obj
directory of the GS installation directory. Pstoraster.c is described as the
"RIP-file" for CUPS. But where is the executable? Why could I not find it?
Should I use a foomatic-rip file? And so, how? Or should I manually link
pstoraster.o, but in this case how? Because it does not look as a standalone
program: main function is not defined.
    At least, there is a definition or a variable missing somewhere.
    Does anyone understand anything to this?

Thank by advance,

Thierry Klein